Kawafuku Restaurant, Los Angeles, CA


This is a collection of images related to the Kawafuku Restaurant in L.A.'s Little Tokyo. The restaurant was opened on Weller Street in 1923 by Takichi and Hana Kato. It later moved to 204 East First Street. Following World War II, Tokijiro Nakajima took over the restaurant. However, the Kato's son Mitsuo, known as Jack, opened another restaurant in Little Tokyo with his wife Masako. This was the Daruma Cafe at 123 S. San Pedro Street, a popular Little Tokyo spot during the 1950s and 1960s. The Little Tokyo Historical Society has posted these photographs on behalf of Masako Kato.

Slides in this album 

Album Type

family history

lthistory — 更新日 9月 03 2021 2:18 p.m.

Login or register
to contribute to the Nikkei Album

Welcome to the NEW Nikkei Album!

We've launched Nikkei Album in beta, so everyone can now start uploading and creating their own albums. There may be things that don't work quite right yet. Please email us to report any errors.

Browse the Nikkei Album



Journal feed
Events feed
Comments feed





プロジェクト企画 全米日系人博物館